The Importance of Tires
Tire Information for your vehicle
When it comes to vehicle safety tires are one of the most brought up topics . Tires are what keep you connected to the road so it is important to have good quality tires. In addition, the type of tire that your vehicle has also makes a difference with how it performs. For example; summer tires won’t work well during winter months. Below we highlighted important information from the NHTSA.
- Only 19% of consumers properly check and inflate their tires.
- 738 People died in 2017 in tire-related crashes.
- Keeping your tires properly inflated can save you $0.11 a gallon.
- Vehicles should have a tire rotation done every 5,000-8,000 miles for proper tread wear.
- 1 in 4 cars has at least one tire that is significantly under inflated.
The type of tire that is installed on your vehicle is also important. All Season tires are designed to handle different types of road conditions from dry pavement to snow. Summer tires as their name implies are better suited for dry pavement and warmer temperatures. Winter tires are better designed for colder temperatures and generally do better in snow than other types. All-Terrain tires are best utilized on four-wheel drive vehicles they typically work on and off road.
Here at Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Walla Walla we value your safety which is why we complete a 27-Point inspection on every vehicle that is serviced at our dealership. You can also give our Parts Department a call or visit and check out our competitive pricing and selection on top rated tires.